- 5 – medium to large organic bell peppers – I’m partial to red peppers because they are a bit sweeter, but they can also be 2x as expensive as their green counterparts. If red peppers aren’t on sale, by all means get the green peppers.
- 1 – 6 oz can organic tomato paste
- 2 – cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 – head of cauliflower, riced
- 1 – tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ – ½ tsp – crushed red pepper flake, depending on your preference
- 1 lb – ground hot Italian sausage or ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- Brown Italian sausage on stove until cooked through. Drain fat.
- Sauté the diced onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Rice the cauliflower head. *I usually use my blender to do this. I cut up the cauliflower into large-ish (yes, that’s the professional term) chunks and pulse for a few seconds.
- Mix the Italian sausage, cauliflower, onions and garlic together in a large bowl.
- Add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes to the sausage/cauliflower filling. Mix well.
- Wash and prepare the bell peppers. I cut the tops off, scoop out the ribs and seeds, and arrange them top off in my crockpot. *I can usually fit 5 medium to large bell peppers in my large crockpot.
- Fill each bell pepper with the sausage mixture and place the top back on the pepper. *If there is any extra filling just spoon it in crockpot between the peppers. It will be delicious once cooked!
- Place in refrigerator if you’re prepping the night before, if not, simply turn crockpot on low for 8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican