- 1.5–2 lbs grass fed cubed steak
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms
- 1 tblsp grass fed butter (can sub coconut oil or ghee)
- 2 tblsp coconut flour
- ½ cup dry red wine or coconut milk
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 3 tblsp cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute mushrooms in butter for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add red wine or coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add beef broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix together coconut flour and cold water in a separate measuring cup. Once combined, stir into the broth mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to simmer on low for a few minutes before adding in the cubed steak. (If the gravy is too thick add some additional beef broth.)
- Season the cubed steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the cubed steak in gravy pan. Cook on low to medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Spoon gravy on top of cubed steak. Serve immediately.